Microsoft Windows OneCare

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Roger Macon, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Macon

Roger Macon Registered Member

Are there any others using Microsoft Windows OneCare (beta version)? If so, are you having any trouble doing a PlugIn? I was using OneCare without difficulty as long as I turned off AntiVirus. When I last tried to Plug it would not Plug. I could not terminate TI using the Task Manager,the task bar would not reveal it self, and I had to close down processes one by one until I could do no more and hope for the best on a re-boot after shutting down the machine. The re-boots, so far, have all been successful.

I am wondering what experiences have been like for others using Microsoft Windows OneCare and whether or not you can Plug successfully and if so is there anything special you are doing with Microsoft Windows OneCare in order to Plug.

2. scaa

scaa Registered Member

:) I am using WOC.
    I have no problems with plug/unplug.
    I am using the secure zone to create backups.
    I do nothing other than going through the prompts:D :)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Roger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please check whether all volumes of the image archive that you try to plug reside in the same folder. If the image archive that you try to plug is spanned over several CDs\DVDs then you should copy all files from all discs to one folder on the hard drive (any internal, external or network drive) and only after that start a mounting process.

If that's not the case then please verify this image by means of the Check Archive tool and see the result. If the image verifies as corrupted then I'm afraid it can not be mounted as a virtual drive by means of the embedded Plug Image tool.

Please note that in order to verify\restore the image archive spanned over several CDs\DVDs you should insert the last created CD\DVD first (disc that contains the last volume of the image archive) and then follow the wizard's instructions.

If that's not the case either and your image archive verifies successfully then please provide us with the following information:

- Can you confirm that after disabling Microsoft Windows OneCare this particular image archive can be plugged without a problem?

- Let us know if you receive any error messages while trying to plug an image;

- If yes, then please make screen shots or provide us with the exact text of these error messages;

- Where do you store your image?

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot of the latest screen of the Explore Image wizard which contains the operation scenario (see the example);

- Run "regedit" command and let us know the data lines of the below registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

Please also do the following:

- Download SetupApiLog.zip, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry;

- Delete \Windows\setupapi.log and reboot the computer;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the setupapi.log file created;

- Let us know whether there is a delay after hitting Proceed and getting the error message, if any.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Roger Macon

Roger Macon Registered Member

Acronis Support,

I have emailed everything requested and hope it helps. I am surprised that,for a while, I could Plug TI as long as I disabled AVG and MS Windows OneCare anti virus but now I can not. On this forum it seems, other than myself, there are apparently only 2 orther users of MS Windows OneCare. One of those users has a problem and the other does not. MS Windows OneCare sounds like a good thing coming but there must not be many users yet for there have been very few responces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.