Microsoft Windows installer cleanup

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vickie, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vickie

vickie Registered Member

I would like to find the link for MS Windows installer cleanup utility. I went to the MS download center but just couldn't locate this file: "msicuu2.exe" which is the one i particularly want... would appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. vickie

vickie Registered Member

Bubba - Thanx for the quick reply...its much appreciated.

4. vickie

vickie Registered Member

another ?? Bubba...now that i've read the info for the MS windows cleanup, I would just like to clarify the following: I just uninstalled Norton System Works following their instructions online, and they recommend that after removing NSW from Add/Remove Programs, the Registry, program folders, etc. I should run the MS installer cleanup. Is it safe in your opinion to run this cleanup program, and then I can go ahead and do a fresh install of NSW without any problems?? Again, many thanx for ur help.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome Vickie....and the few times I have used MICU....the process worked as advertised. What I will caution you about is to make sure you only have the Norton System Works Installed Products entry highlighted before you select Remove. Another words....any entries highlighted will be removed.

Let us know how it goes :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.