Microsoft Wants Red Hat Linux Users To Pay Up

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tgell, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Article

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Greed. How much money is enough? They have almost 90% of the computers in the world.

Or, could this mean that, as Linux becomes more noob friendly, it's beginning to cut into M$ profit line? So, try to sue Linux off the market.

3. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I do know that Mandriva, Red Hat, and Ubuntu refused to become a part of Microsoft's Linux patent protection plan. Not sure why they singled out Red Hat.

4. Chuck57

Microsoft figures that by going after Red Hat, they'll scare the rest into complying. These tactics are one of the main reasons I'm dropping them for Linux very shortly. If Linux wasn't making gains, I doubt M$ would pay them any attention.

I have no problems or real complaints with Windows. In fact, XP has been very reliable.

5. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Another throe from a dying animal.
    Mrk

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Those are real facts! Linux is making progressive and satisfying strides into the global users arena and $M is just fell down hard with their lame vista O/S.

Serves $M right for trying to put the cart ahead of the horse in blantant opposition to their earlier O/S's customers. It's akin like Coca-Cola Zero, that generic replacement farce to entice consumers to buy another of their product they already screwed up from it's original flavor when they changed formulas.

Maybe justice is finally gonna catch up to $M for all their arrogant greed and lack of concern for their customers.

I like XP Pro but i am more than ready to begin migrating to Linux and if things keep up on this pace, Linux will pose a real legitimate threat to $M's stupid business model.

$M is a badly managed business P.E.R.I.O.D.

9. Arup

Arup Guest

They attacked RH cause it has a good share of the Enterprise corporate world, typical MS, sadly MS stole from other but somehow they got away without getting persecuted, the only thing they did good was to cover their tracks.

10. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Can anyone say hypocrisy?

I like xp but, MS's business ethics leave a lot to be desired.

11. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

M$ wants to pick on every computer user's pocketbook. :D ;)

12. Chuck57

I think that's part of it. If we use a free OS such as Linux, M$ feels slighted, or cheated that they aren't getting a piece of the action. They want $$$$ from everybody, whether we use their software or not. Next, they'll be after Abiword and OpenOffice because you can save documents into Word. Wait and see.

People say the oil companies are greedy. They have nothing on Microsoft lately.

13. Arup

Arup Guest

Sadly MS gets full backing from the people higher up, thats why they clout with impunity.

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, apparently money talks.... ;)

15. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Notice its another commercial Linux distro. I suspect MS is only going after the distro's where there is a chance of getting money, where there is a single point of responsibility for the distro (compared to free community based distros).

As for picking Red Hat, they are the biggest threat to MS. They are the most popular distro used by businesses.

This isn't about how good XP, Vista or IE 7 is, its about making sure theres a fair playing field for ALL software.

What amazes me is the attitude MS has, it fights its competitors with business tatics instead of making good productss (which I admit it can still churn out on occasion) . This extends to their attitude of supporting common open standards, they dont, they even go as far as trying to make their own competing open standards.

Nick, remembering the good old Win2k days ;)

16. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

One reason I am staying with 2k.

17. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Remember that Standard Oil was a monopoly back in the early 1900's and that you are buying your gas from all of their subsidiaries from the breakup. The price of crude oil impacts a greater number of the general populace than the price of any software program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.