Microsoft unveils new Bing search engine

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

Bing Preview by Paul Thurrott

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

But It's Not Google! Bill, It's No Good! :D

3. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Seems interesting ... They have a video on: http://www.decisionengine.com/Default.html

Aggregated results in good. More convenient for many novice users. But unless their search engine has done a quantum leap, google will still be my choice for digging deep into the net.
    But for the Mrs and Dad, maybe ....... Bing

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

My reply was going to be "How deep?" with a link to Fravia's Searchlores, and i just noticed Fravia passed away..

RIP :'(

5. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Isn't this similar to Wolfram Alpha?

6. vijayind

How Deep .... well I often search for obscure messages and errors that I see during running the target on the emulator. You're never sure if its an emulator fault or your program malfunctioning.

Google has so far been the best in digging out such technical material with ease ( and lack of strategy or experience). Live Search was abysmal. It looked like it had just done a search on "error", showing windows support pages !!

When looking for technical pages or details, I am DO NOT NEED A DECISION ENGINE ... I need a effective crawler which can pick out the best chunk of pages which have related or similar data. So probably, Bing ( from the onset of that video) will probably not suffice my requirements.

7. vijayind

Not really. Wolfram Alpha displays you just information extracted from various sources. But BING shows you relevant pages which may host the necessary information.

See the video on www.decisionengine.com , for more details.

8. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.