Microsoft to develop software to monitor employee habits?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by PJC, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

laugh all you want but theirs a big difference between OpenSource and Closed Source!

I just find it disturbing how nosy these bastards are!

thank jebus for good VPN's ect if I don't want to be tracked online.

Enjoy your Windows 8 NSA Edition LOL

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

How nosy the national SECURITY agency must be to work on security projects for linux and windows. It's almost like it's their job or something.

Good thing we have VPNs to protect us from these nefarious crooks who gave us SELinux and Bitlocker.

I hate the NSA and the CIA and multiple other corrupt agencies. But this is silly.

3. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Yea true that! I guess its just all one big conspiracy theory or not? who really knows, I guess I read too much about this NWO conspiracy crap or something lol

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Oh, there's a conspiracy there, but it's nothing new. Read about it, but just think a little longer about what the real threats are and aren't. In this time of "protect your privacy" articles coming 3 or more times a week, and every little red alert article turning some small molehill into a mountain, it's very easy to get caught up in things and get mad at it all. I'll tell you something, it's not so much about what is being watched, as what is being collected and kept. You're already being watched, in several ways. That is not ever going to change again. We're already too far down that road and there is no reverse on the train.

What people need to understand is that all of these things that are collected (and that most just shrug their shoulders at), are worthless separated, but put together, it's an entirely different matter. I'm losing my train of thought because I'm pretty worn out tonight, but there is just so very much being ignored and replaced with "Facebook has done it again!". I have unfortunate news for those who worry about such things. Set your privacy controls air tight if it makes you feel good, but realize Facebook still sees it, and that data still goes elsewhere, and not just to a web advertiser.

I say a lot of things at times that people even around me shrug off, but I'm completely against the "conspiracy nuts". There is a major difference between the people who distrust government so much that they'll believe anything, and those of us who have seen behind the scenes or even participated. When those who have been there start to worry, it's time to listen. SOPA, Electronic Privacy Act, Patriot, the powers of Border Patrol..these are not simple issues of protecting copyrights or keeping a terrorist from moving in next door to you. I guess though it's time to get back to MS, otherwise we'll just see another lock.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  5. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

So far, no one has actually found one but I wouldn't bet the house on Windows not having a backdoor. Besides, it does the next best thing very well, serving as a storehouse of user data and activity that becomes more extensive and harder to delete with each new version. It's not like any 3 letter agency or law enforcement can't just take it at any time they choose.
    Not if you insist on using a current OS. Grab an older OS and bring it up to date using "unofficial" updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.