Microsoft to buy MacAfee?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by meneer, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meneer

meneer Registered Member

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I only know about this:

Bucharest, June 10, 2003 – GeCAD Software has announced a definitive agreement with Microsoft Corp., of Redmond, Wash., USA, by which Microsoft will acquire GeCAD’s antivirus technology. Microsoft has stated its intention to integrate GeCAD’s technology into products and services that will help secure customers.

“The opportunity to integrate GeCAD technology into Microsoft’s future antivirus efforts is a big step not only for us but for the entire Romanian I.T. industry,” said Radu Georgescu, President of GeCAD. “Microsoft’s choice of a Romanian technology attests to the tremendous software development potential in this country.”

3. dread

dread Registered Member

Whoa. If that does happen, I will trash mcafee for good and never lay a hand on any of thier products and never recommend thier software and not have to much nice things to say about them lol.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

cool :cool:

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Certainly not the most promising of proposed mergers, from a user's point of view.

I'm reminded of the ongoing merger-talks between Yahoo and AOL not that far back, which mercifully quietly died off somewhere along the line. If that one had gone through, I have a horrible feeling it would have spelled the end of the internet, at least as we know it.

7. chiphead

chiphead Guest

Thank God i never bought McAfee. I was actually thinking about it at one time. I'm just sooooooo glad i didn't.

8. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

9. Arin

Arin Registered Member

lol if this is true then i hope i'll see a dual engine RAV+McAfee scanner from Microsoft. should be a good product. if you look at their records you'll see both are wonderful products. i used them both. but if i see that Security Center bundled with it i'll probably puke.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.