Microsoft Technet Professional worth the $?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ComputerSaysNo, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does any body here have a subscriptionto MS technet professional?

I have a few questions. What do you get with the professional package? Is it worth getting for someone who is interested in security? Is it good for amateurs like myself?

Thanks.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

id buy it again if i can find a discount code they used to run it at 25% off all the time till all the idiots took advantage of it and started selling their keys on ebay. not sure but i know for the pro they cut the keys back to 5 per product and then i was told they were cutting them down to 3. also now the tos states they can block your keys when your account expires so if you dont renew you may find your keys no longer work. used to be they worked forever. read carefully then read again is my advice

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Yes, down to 3 keys now. I have been a subscriber since 2008. I find it is less worth the money than it once was but still convenient for me as an IT worker at a software company. Lots of compatibility testing. I'll probably renew this year but if they add any more restrictions I may not continue to do so.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

xxjackxx any discount codes you know of, id subscribe again if i can get a code for it.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have had major trouble finding discount codes for the last 2 years. They don't seem to be giving them out like they once did. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.