Microsoft shutters Windows private folders

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Can see where it would cause problems for businesses......or the Home user who forgets their password. Glad I grabbed a copy while it was still available. now where`d I put my notebook with a my all passwords written in......:rolleyes: :eek:

3. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

That's madness. This was a perfectly good add-on and would have been extremely useful for many people. How is MS Private Folders any different from PGP, GPG, Cryptainer, CryptoExpert, TrueCrypt...?

I think the alarmists sometimes need to keep a sense of perspective. Well, maybe then they wouldn't be alarmists. Still, MS need to keep a sense of perspective. Once again they are being openly tied to the corporate camp with no concern for the private user whatsoever. And once again they alienate people who may have been grateful. The tide takes another turn away from MS, magnifying the recent turn caused by their thoughtlessness concerning the WGA Notification debacle. They will never learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.