Microsoft Security Essentials...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kuroudo Akabane, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuroudo Akabane

Kuroudo Akabane Registered Member

Is it even worth having on my computer or will it just cause problems?

Same for using the Windows Firewall?

2. Amin

Amin Registered Member

hi.

i believe MSE = Database. nothing more.

no BB.. no HIPS .. not having a suitable FW.

but it won't cause any problem or lag or..

i would reconsider if i were u..

3. Kuroudo Akabane

So will it benefit me by having it and how?

4. Amin

Amin Registered Member

to be honest u get tangled with one of those zero-day malwares and booooooom !!

no absolutely not. if i say use it , i'm your enemy :D

because zero-day malwares need a strong HIPS and Behavior blocker feature which will protect you even if the malware's signature is not available in the AV database.

so use something else like norton 360 or kaspersky or bitdefender 2013 which last week released.

best regards.

5. gery

gery Registered Member

MSE is not that bad. It just does not update that often i guess and the above glitches like not having a BB or HIPS like module it still is ok to have it . It is sure far better than nothing . But i would use
    AVG Avast Avira or Comodo if you are someone who knows how to configure settings in a security software.
    Sincerely Gery

6. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

It will certainly not cause problems in itself. And that goes even more for the Windows Firewall - it is definitely the least intrusive, most compatible, software firewall for Windows.

7. Kuroudo Akabane

Ok thanks, someone told me to use ESET Smart Security said it covered all my areas and maybe having ThreatFire aswell... ust wanted to know if I should have MSE also.

8. gery

gery Registered Member

now i think you are asking another question. Focus on the first one . As per Internet Security Software be sure that there are loads of people that will tell you not to use it (ESS) but you will be fine with many IS suites AVIRA IS Avast IS G-Data IS Norton IS all of them are fine

9. Amin

Amin Registered Member

you are right but consider when there are better options why would we choose this one.

agreed:thumb:

:thumb:

dear Kuroudo Akabane

i think that's not a good idea using threatfire beside anything else! i experienced exactly !

i also do not suggest the ESS when better options are available. because Esset is weak in cleaning and repair as AV-C tests expressed.

if u like to have a better solution which let you how to deal with issues and asks you most of the times , i suggest something like this :

NAV (norton av , but it is silent most of the times !! ) + Comodo FW ( or EOA )

both tested by me and would give you a gold experience.

you have my word.

best regards.

10. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

There's a long, LONG thread very similar to this...

And frankly this question is asked & answered...and debated.

MSE is quite good. If you know what you are doing you can fix the one real issue it has and make it update more.

It does have zero day protection which may not be as good as the others but I've seen worse.

Also, don't look it up on YouTube.

11. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Well, I can see this thread being locked per TOS when the moderator sees it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.