Microsoft SBS and new Mail Security for Exchange

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by adargie, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adargie

adargie Registered Member

Anyone have this all running together yet? Would the install be similar to the 2.7 where you have amon running to exclude exchange directories and xmon, once installed in managed through the same interface?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I just installed 4.2 on a new SBS03 build last week. All you need is that one component, plus RAS and RAC.

The installer automatically detected the Exchange infostore directories which I had on the 2nd partition of the server, and put those in the exclusion list. However...it didn't put any of the VERY MANY other exclusions you should do for SBS, so you still have to spend another 15 minutes doing those tedious exclusions.

I've read about many issues of version 3 and version 4 causing servers to lock up. This server we built (Proliant ML370 G6, dual quad core xeons, 4 gigs of RAM, all SAS drives in RAID 1 'n 10)...she ran like a champ for 3x days until we put 4.2 on it...and then 3x times, when using an external Seagate USB drive to transfer data from their dead old server, this new server went quite unresponsive..explorer.exe went into limbo, only way out was a forced reboot via the power switch.

I may back the server down to 2.7....all my other SBS clients are on 2.7, and all other servers...I haven't done 3 or 4 on servers yet, due to reading many issues here. I thought I'd try 4.2..but ..looks like I'm going back to 2.7.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Forgot to add...
    These are the exclusions I followed for SBS03..I haven't hunted one down for SBS08 yet...haven't looked either.
    http://alpesinfo.com/sbs-antivirus-exclusions

Also, I would disable background scanning of the Exchange sniffer, and I also disable scanning of all file type extensions.
    As well as exclude any SQL directories.

4. adargie

adargie Registered Member

Arrrgggggg. Thanks for the info, back to the waiting game.

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.