microsoft Regclean

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by visitor, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visitor

visitor Guest

I know that there is a microsoft "Regclean" for Win9x. Can use it for XP.Thanks

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

yes you can

Ruben

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

What you have to remember is that this program was written before win. xp and has not been supported in quite a while.

http://www.createwindow.com/wininfo/regclean.htm

Attached Files:

4. visitor

visitor Guest

Thanks bigc73542
    you are great
    is there a regclean 4 xp that is bug free

5. bigc73542

I use regseeker to clean the registry . it seems to work well. While you are at the link checking out regseeker take a look at hoversnap IMO opinion it is the easiest screen shot app out there. Both programs are free. As with any reg cleaner app. use caution.

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm ;)

6. visitor

visitor Guest

great , your tools don't need any installation, just click and use
    I like that. the regseeker found more than 500 entries and I'm not sure. is safe to delete.
    Thank you

7. bigc73542

Look through the entries and make sure it is not taking anything you reconize as a needed file. The first time I ran it it took quite a few entries also. just make sure that the back up before deletion box is checked on the left bottom of the app. That way you can restore it if something doesn't work. Reg seeker is a pretty safe app. but just use caution with anything that changes the registry. ;)

8. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

I had the same experiance as bigc, taking out too much stuff, then having to re-instate it. I like RegSeeker also.
    But I must say I also have used RegClean many times on XP Home
    successfully. :)

9. bigc73542

I have never had reg seeker take out anything it shouldn't but I check before I hit the delete button just to be sure. ;)

10. controler

controler Guest

Registra lite and hoversnap here too

con

11. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

the best FREE reg cleaner for XP is:- reg-srub XP(if its still available if its not drop me a line and I'll email you a copy)in fact its probably the best free or paid-for!

12. visitor

visitor Guest

Hi steve1955

Google serch return with only one German link that mentioned reg scrub xp, however the download link is dead
    http://www.pcwelt.de/downloads/system/windowsoptimierung/29434/

since it is small(581Kb). I'd be greatful if you send it. here is my email. Thank you
    berdycholan@hotmail.com

13. steve1955

Will email but try this link:-
    http://tucows.onvol.net/files5/lexunregscrubsetup.exe

14. visitor

visitor Guest

Hi steve1955
    after long search found it here. is it the one

http://fuzzypotato.homestead.com/downloads.html

is defferent from the one you posted

15. steve1955

yep same prog!

16. Mossback

Mossback Registered Member

Will RegSeeker work for all windows OS's? :rolleyes:

17. visitor

visitor Guest

According to

http://www.webattack.com/get/regseeker.shtml

The Ans. is yes and it is higly popular too.

18. steve1955

Hi visitor have you manageg to get hold of Reg-Scrub XP?if you have does it do what you want?
    Steve

19. visitor

visitor Guest

HI steve1955
    Yes. thank you very much
    I've already emailed you about that
    cheers m8

20. Mossback

Thanks visitor, I will try it, I am using a couple others right now, but always looking for a better one. Free too.

21. lvhkyjr2

lvhkyjr2 Registered Member

why would anyone want to delete reg keys with these cleaners unless your having some kind of reg error and looking for a fix, deleting wrong reg keys dosnt always have an immediate effect , 2 or 3 weeks could go by until you find out you deleted the wrong key....

22. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I think I understand people's desire to "keep a clean system", however I have to agree with lvhkyjr2...

I have scanned my system with two different registry cleaners in these past few months, (my system is about two years old now and on its original install, meaning no reformats or repair installs), and not a lot was found of any interest by either.

I imagine the reason for cleaning really depends upon just how you use your system, and what things are getting left behind in the registry. Also, system speed, memory and specific OS must play some part in this as some people say their systems speed up when they clean things out.

But for myself, I've decided not to do proactive cleaning. If I had a problem, I would certainly then start using any tool that might help fix it, but until then I'm just going to leave it. (I'm on XP Home, 1.2GHz, 512MB RAM.)

23. Mossback

This RegSeeker really scares me. I have used MSRegclean and RegCleaner by JV16 and have never had any problems. In fact I just used them this morning because I had moved some files around. Then I started up RegSeeker and it found over 500 entrys. Wow I don't think I am blindly going to let it do it's thing, I will check it out first.

24. steve1955

cleaning the registry off junk left by install/uninstalls(even using winzip to open archives,get-right to down load items can leave unwanted/uneeded entries in your registry) can make your pc perform better, these things have to done with caution and a bit of knowlege otherwise mare harm than good can be done.Most tools even though they remove entries from the reg don't make it any smaller! the best way to do that is to export your new cleaned reg then re-import it(gets rid of gaps for want of a better description)

25. visitor

visitor Guest

Hi
    Well I can’t stop my kids from installing/uninstalling programs, games, kids stuff, music, etc and probably daily about 10 install/uninstall programs (I let them enjoy it and this way they will understand better). But agreed this will not only leave the registry with junk, the hard disk as well. Hence, the need for this junk removal porgies. So, I have to clean afterwards and in hard situations reinstall is necessary, but for pre-installed computers you don’t need to re-install the whole OS using recovery disk or what ever. Just navigate to i386 folder (or search) for “winnt32”
    And double click on it you get the OS back as the way you bought it within half an hour. And we always learn from you expert’s guys and from our trial and error. Thank you all for clarifying this issue.
    berdy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.