'Microsoft (R) Dynamic HTML Editing Control' from 'Microsoft Corporation'.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by RCGuy, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Could someone tell me what's going on with a lot of website being stuck for about 2 to 3 minutes trying to pop out a Microsoft control setting with a yellow tab running across the top of the page that says: "This website wants to run the following add-on: 'Microsoft (R) Dynamic HTML Editing Control' from 'Microsoft Corporation'." I get it for dictionary.com, the Topix site, and a few other sites that I can't think of right now.

What is this 'Microsoft (R) Dynamic HTML Editing Control' from 'Microsoft Corporation'? Also, why has it just started popping up as of recently? Plus, is there any type of security risk if you run the add on? Also, do you only need to run the add on once for those sites, or do you have to run them every time you go to those sites that request(require?) them. And just for the record, I haven't as of yet run any of those add-ons and those sites still seems to work fine. Any help with this is appreciated.

2. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

Yeah I saw this foe the first time a few days ago , after changing my internet security settings.

I didn't allow it , and I think this stopped a pop-up appearing for party poker.

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Thank you for your reply, Joeythedude.

Well, I was able to research some more information about this and found out that:

dhtmled.ocx

Well, I have my settings on Automatic Updates, and the last time that I checked recently, my Microsoft/Windows patches were up to date.

But I'll just go ahead and run the add-on....but I just noticed at one site that there's an option to: "Run Add-on on All Websites." I'll just choose this option so that I won't have to worry about this any longer. Although, I still don't understand why all these changes are occurring in Windows all of the sudden.

4. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

But now I'm being told in a dialog box that this Active X was previously added to my computer. Therefore, I'm now wondering if I'm stuck with this thing. :(

Attached Files:

5. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

All seems to be working fine now. :) Also, it looks like I may have misunderstood what the Interner Explorer - Security Warning dialog box was saying. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.