Microsoft Pulling Windows Phones from Stores As Lumia Brand Is Said to Be Dead

Discussion in 'hardware' started by stapp, Sep 11, 2016.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...s-as-lumia-brand-said-to-be-dead-508176.shtml

2. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Wow. You can't help but wonder how that expands to reflect on the Microsoft brand as a whole. It's one extreme or the other with them, either it's great or it stinks. Lumia is "dead" in favor of Surface but the sudden pulling of them off the shelves is intriguing. Wonder why no further explanation?

3. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

"Microsoft wasn’t very concerned about the dropping market share (re: phones) in the consumer market." Their Enterprise market share for phones has not been robust either. The screens are just too small for x86 apps. I suppose their cloud strategy could change that down the road but MS has not disclosed how the Surface phone will play in that space. No teasers either.

4. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

I see.

Microsoft is riddled with spies, obviously they have to play things very very close to the vest. No teasers is right.

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Microsoft's past 6 years can be summarised as a series of bad to awful decisions. I will be highly surprised if Microsoft will ever recover anything in the consumer market.

With the continued desktop-friendly improvements coming to Android, I think the future desktop scene will be interesting (finally).

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Too bad, because the phones looked pretty good. M$ isn't that bad when it comes to hardware design, the Surface tablet and the Xbox One S also look pretty cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.