Microsoft pokes fun of the fanboys in new Windows Phone advert

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Wild Hunter, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Source

2. roady

roady Registered Member

If the Lumia 920 would be a mojor improvement versus my Note II,it would be interesting.......but for now,I still prefer my Samsung.:D

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

They're not ones to be laughing and poking fun at anyone right at this time. Why does this feel like a Ballmer-inspired move?

4. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Registered Member

I think a gutsy/controversial move on their part is important. They're going up against two competitors who are firmly entrenched in the market. They need to go after Apple & Samsung like Apple went after Microsoft in the early 2000s.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I tried the Lumia 920 in different cell phone carrier shops. Did not like it.
    Even after using Android for so long i still find WP8 very boring. :rolleyes:

6. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Microsoft trying to take on Apple and Samsung (iOS and Android) reminds me of the VHS and HD/Blue-Ray battle. Even though Betamax was a superior format, VHS reached critical mass and the battle was over. HD/Blue-Ray followed the same path. A Windows 8 phone may be better in some respects but trying to break into the Apple/Samsung world is going to be a tough nut to crack. But, like the Xbox, Microsoft can afford lose money and wait it out. Only time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.