Microsoft pokes fun of the fanboys in new Windows Phone advert

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Wild Hunter, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Source

2. roady

roady Registered Member

If the Lumia 920 would be a mojor improvement versus my Note II,it would be interesting.......but for now,I still prefer my Samsung.:D

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

They're not ones to be laughing and poking fun at anyone right at this time. Why does this feel like a Ballmer-inspired move?

4. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Registered Member

I think a gutsy/controversial move on their part is important. They're going up against two competitors who are firmly entrenched in the market. They need to go after Apple & Samsung like Apple went after Microsoft in the early 2000s.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I tried the Lumia 920 in different cell phone carrier shops. Did not like it.
    Even after using Android for so long i still find WP8 very boring. :rolleyes:

6. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Microsoft trying to take on Apple and Samsung (iOS and Android) reminds me of the VHS and HD/Blue-Ray battle. Even though Betamax was a superior format, VHS reached critical mass and the battle was over. HD/Blue-Ray followed the same path. A Windows 8 phone may be better in some respects but trying to break into the Apple/Samsung world is going to be a tough nut to crack. But, like the Xbox, Microsoft can afford lose money and wait it out. Only time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.