Microsoft OneNote 2007 and SafeOnline/Prevx 3.0

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by mikeii, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeii

mikeii Registered Member

Hi,
    Been testing the new version of Prevx 3.0. Using the free version. I believe there may be an issue with the screen capture function within OneNote. If you press the windows key + S it allows you to use your mouse drag and capture a screen print (like snagit). With Prevx on, the screen grays out and anything you capture is black. Disabling Prevx and it works like normal. I imagine this is how Prevx defends against malicious screen scrapes but wanted to share it with everyone to confirm the issue. I reported this to support, they told me to uninstall and reinstall the latest version. I think i was running the latest build. Anyone else run in to this?
    M

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I believe I just responded to your message in support :) Our first response was incorrect - uninstalling/reinstalling is not the right way to correct the issue. In case you don't receive our reply message:

This is an intended behavior within SafeOnline. Prevx SafeOnline will block programs from viewing screen data to prevent unknown malware from stealing user data from active secured website sessions. However, you can disable this functionality by changing the protection within SafeOnline from Maximum to High, by clicking Configure next to SafeOnline Trial Version on the front screen of Prevx and then moving the slider bar down to High and clicking Save.

Hope that helps! Feel free to continue the dialog here or in our support inbox :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.