Microsoft Office Outlook not working With Avira beta since anti-spam update

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bs259, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Since last night while using Microsoft Office Outlook I have been unable to send and receive, this is after the anti-spam update, when I was told to uninstall build 228, I tried to do a send and receive, it worked, when I reinstalled build 203 same problem unable to send and receive I am using (Office 2007 beta). send and receive did work prior to last nights anti-spam update.

Attached Files:

2. wehrdamned

wehrdamned Registered Member

I had some minor problems with the update, but now it works without a problem. I use thunderbird though :(, not Outlook. (also tested with Outlook express). Can you try with thunderbird (and non SSL pop3 account, since it seems they don't support them) ?

3. FRug

FRug Registered Member

Why don't you post that in their beta forum? That's what it's there for, no ?

4. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

I did post this in there forum also, dont you think if there is a problem the more people that know about it the faster they may be able to find a fix or perhaps someone here might have some information as well?

5. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

I actually got a response from avira this morning saying they have found the problem and they will be working on a fix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.