Microsoft Office Outlook not working With Avira beta since anti-spam update

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bs259, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Since last night while using Microsoft Office Outlook I have been unable to send and receive, this is after the anti-spam update, when I was told to uninstall build 228, I tried to do a send and receive, it worked, when I reinstalled build 203 same problem unable to send and receive I am using (Office 2007 beta). send and receive did work prior to last nights anti-spam update.

Attached Files:

2. wehrdamned

wehrdamned Registered Member

I had some minor problems with the update, but now it works without a problem. I use thunderbird though :(, not Outlook. (also tested with Outlook express). Can you try with thunderbird (and non SSL pop3 account, since it seems they don't support them) ?

3. FRug

FRug Registered Member

Why don't you post that in their beta forum? That's what it's there for, no ?

4. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

I did post this in there forum also, dont you think if there is a problem the more people that know about it the faster they may be able to find a fix or perhaps someone here might have some information as well?

5. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

I actually got a response from avira this morning saying they have found the problem and they will be working on a fix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.