Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.0

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by oma53, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

Hello,
    I asked this question on another forum and I received one answer, but I am still lost as to what this does and how it applies to me.
    After installing Microsoft’s priority update for the .net framework 3.5, I noticed that when I opened Firefox, it informed me an add-on was installed. When I looked, I saw the following:
    Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.0
    I have been unable to get a clear description of what this is or what it does.
    Anyone have any idea exactly what this does?
    Should I leave this alone or disable it?
    Am I just being paranoid?

This is on a single system and the .net framework is required for a CAD program that I run.
    Thank you for any help on this.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

3. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

Thank you JRViejo for answering my question.

I do not have a lot of knowledge when it comes to issues like this. I have read that the ClickOnce Application’s can be a security risk, but that there are no issues at this time. But I also know that anyone with an opinion can write something on the internet. I even ran across one forum that the general opinion was that removing this could also cause a security risk.
    For now I will leave this alone and try to monitor this for security issues.
    Thank you again for taking the time to answer this for me.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

oma53, you're welcome! Because there are very few sites using the ClickOnce application at the moment, this .NET FF add-on will just sit there. Keep an eye out, as you stated, and you should be alright. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.