Microsoft Net 3.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DCM, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I keep getting "updates" on my computer and they are Microsoft Net 3.0. They download but will not install and I am wondering why.

Do I need to do something on my computer to get this update installed?

I have Net 1.0 and Net 2.0. Net 3.0 also shows on the "add/remove programs screen" but it appears to be an empty folder. I have tried to remove it but it cannot be removed. It says "used" "rarely" and no file size is shown.

Thanks

2. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Microsoft messed up on the update somehow. I had the same problem and it kept saying installing update 1 of 1 on shutdown and it would take forever to poweroff and installation did not complete. I just did a manual update by going to the microsoft update and pressing express.

One of the installer processes "cvrst.exe" or something similar to that keeps getting high cpu usage which is the cause for the failed installation.

3. DCM

DCM Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I was able to finally get it installed.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I downloaded .Net 2.0 sp1 from the MS update site very fast, but .Net 3.0 sp1 took 5 trys. It would download the first time, but would not install. At first I saw .Net 3.0 sp1 on the Custom dowload the first time I tried to downlod it, but the rest of the times it was on the Express download. Yes, my CPU usage was at 100% too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.