Microsoft moving XP into reduced-support phase on Tuesday

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Article

2. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

This is good news.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Looks like i'll be retiring my XP to offline duties only before too long because all the Longhorn/Vista crowd plus plenty of former XP'ers will be forking over for Windows 7 including myself and then the security and art vendors can start this insane madness of the revolving door all over again and press for more costs for their programs.

By then if Win7 draws all the malware makers over to them thats when i drop them for good for an alternative O/S or just relax and enjoy malware free Satellite TV and the occasional portable phone live reports now that they've made handsets more attractive then constantly battling malware/virus attempts just to surf the internet and Google searches.

Gates will be history by then and his creation will be likely be taken over by other groups with different ideas.

Kind of like that fact where Europe forced them to pull Windows Media Player off Windows, what a piece of crap that turned out to be.

4. d107926

d107926 Registered Member

Really good news... thank God :)

5. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I would say this is great for existing systems (I am still using XP at work), but I think if/when I get a new system (OS and/or hardware) I won't use XP, as there will be no support for compatibility, new hardware or new software, including core systems like .net and direct x.
    Hopefully by the time this happens I will be able to go straight to Windows 7 (not that I would complain about using Vista).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.