microsoft anti spyware keeps downloading same update????

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cheater87, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wouldn't worry too much about that date. Quite a few people with v 1.0.614 had different dates there as well. The main things to be concerned about are the version number, and the spyware definition version, which you have both correctly displayed. If your really that concerned you could try a reinstall.

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks BigC. with the last version, when i decided to try it's on access out, it wouldn't start at boot. now, with this version, i can try it out instead of Spybot. thanks for your help :)

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Spyware Definition Version: 5735 (20.07.05 06:20:58 )

That's the date and time of DOWNLOADING the "Spyware Definition Version". At least on my computer.
    Since MSAS is fooling around with its own updating, I'm not sure of anything anymore. :)

4. zapspyware

zapspyware Guest

I downloaded the 1.0.615 version of MSAS from Microsoft but had to download it twice because the first time I thought I was downloading the 1.0.615 version but it was really 1.0.614 again. Apparently some of the MS internal mirror servers still have the 1.0.614 version so keep trying.

To confirm you have 1.0.615 before you install it, right click on the MSAS installer. Select "properties". Click the "digital signature" tab and it should be dated July 13th. If it's dated to and eariler time, you got the older version and you may want to redownload the installer.

The second time I downloaded MSAS installer, I decided to validate I was using genuine Windows xp, and then I got the latest version 1.0.615.

MSAS wasn't updating from within the program, so I just downloaded the 1.0.615 and did a reinstall. Anyway I think MSAS is updating from within the program to 1.0.615 now so I would just do it that way.

Here's my MSAS version now. This is the latest version, and it's what your version of MSAS should say also.

Microsoft AntiSpyware Version: 1.0.615
    This version expires on: 12/31/2005
    Spyware Definition Version: 5735 (7/20/2005 4:29:41 AM)

5. akshay_k72

akshay_k72 Registered Member

I think you are right about the date. And lets not forget that its a Beta version, so there are bound to be some bugs.

Cheers

Akshay.

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

to uninstall completely delete the folder of the program with everything in it. thats what i had to do with firefox and i had to start from scratch again *sighs* :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.