Microsoft Announces Mice with Windows 8 Start Button Built-in

Discussion in 'hardware' started by JRViejo, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Actually not a bad idea but i prefer the Forward/Back buttons. :D

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Yes, they are much more useful. It mightn't be too bad if they had those alongside the start button. But, after owning a vertical mouse, there's no way I would ever a standard mouse ever again.

4. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

While I too prefer back and forward buttons, I don't think they're crucial on a compact mobile mouse, and on those the extra buttons tend to be really small anyway. I can't tell if that's the case with the Windows button here.

I wouldn't spend $40 on a mobile mouse, but I might consider the $30 model at some point. The one I'm using now has no extra buttons, so this would be an improvement.

5. roger_m

My last three mice have had back and forward buttons, and if I were to switch to a mouse without them I would really miss them.

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Yeah, once you get used to them its hard to let them go.
    I remember when i first used a mouse with back/forward buttons, it made Windows feel like a new OS. :D

7. moontan

moontan Registered Member

mouse gestures software can come in pretty handy in this case.

heck, i use mouse gestures all the times with a 3 button mouse.
    saves a lot of mileage on the mouse. ;)

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I always use a mouse tethered to my laptops an in fact a laptop for me is useless without one. The heck with finger sliding to move the pointer anyway lol

Mouse = Rapid access plus free mobility here.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Couldnt be more true!
    I dont know how my friends use their laptop all the time with the trackpad, so slow and inaccurate!
    I cant use a laptop properly if i dont have a mouse. :D

10. roger_m

I find trackpads work just fine and are accurate. I use a vertical mouse with my desktop at work, but on my laptops I never use a mouse.

Some laptops have really bad trackpads that sometimes aren't very responsive, but the trackpads in my laptops work fine, and the trackpad in my Compal still works as good as new after over 6 years of nearly daily use.

11. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

Well, for some reason I don't miss them too much on my mobile mouse. Maybe I just haven't found one I like that has big enough buttons. Or maybe it's because the low resolution means the cursor doesn't have to travel as far to get to the back button.

I should make it clear that I'm only referring to a mouse used on the go, which has to be small to take up less room in the bag. For home the back and forward buttons are a must, and I'll stick with my Deathadder. :)

12. roger_m

Well the only time I use a mouse is at work, so size is not an issue. For any other time I personally don't feel the need to use a mouse.

13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well by inaccurate i meant slow and not precise, requires too much work to click something. :D

14. roger_m

I don't find that at all with touchpads. But it's a case of each to their own, some people use external keyboards with their laptops, I would never do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.