MicroSD cards in a phone. Encrypted OS?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Phion, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phion

Phion Registered Member

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to put an OS, say Liberté Linux, onto a MicroSD card and having it 'rest/hide' in my phone. I'd like to carry a complete OS this way to put onto my desktop.

Also, any idea how a MicroSD card needs to be destroyed to prevent data-recovery? Does a microwave work?

Thanks

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Registered Member

Although a microwave may destroy a MicroSD card, I doubt anyone on this forum or anywhere for that matter could conclusively tell you whether it would destroy the data entirely.

I would imagine you could destroy it beyond recovery with a cigarette lighter and a hammer, a fireplace, possibly secure file deletion software, among other creative solutions.

As far as putting an OS on a microSD card, could you clarify whether you mean Installing an OS on a microSD card, or Storing an OS on a microSD card.

If it is the latter, I think it should be possible. If it is the former someone with more expertise will have to answer that for you.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Those things are tiny. Just wrap it in toilet paper (cut it up first if you want) and flush it down the toilet and into the sewage! Or, just snip it twice with scissors and you end up with 4 tiny pieces. Flush each piece down a different public restroom tolilet. You'd have to really be paranoid to do that but it would effectively rid yourself (and anyone else) of the card forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.