Micropoint & Immunet

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CookieCrumbler, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CookieCrumbler

CookieCrumbler Registered Member

To whoever mentioned it on these forums, I was going through topics and was looking for some kind of behavior blocker, because Threatfire is very good but makes my computer sluggish/sometimes a little laggy. Somebody brought the name of Micropoint up; its a chinese product I believe and they just released it in beta stage for English. I want to say first of all that this product is VERY unintrusive and it is hard to define it. It's a extremely light firewall and behavior blocker (or) HIPS. The english translations a little rough but its pretty straightforward.

The full name of the program is Micropoint Proactive Defense Software Beta for a heads up to anybody who wants to try something different. So far, no problems yet and it only uses about 15MB of memory. It is using 4 Processes for the whole program and each are really light. MpMon.exe=600k,
    MPSVC1.exe=980k, MPSCV2.exe=8,196k, MPSVC.exe=1,900k. Thats how much memory its using on my computer. The program provides a detailed list of processes/modules running, autorun information, processes running in your network, network attack log, administrator log, update log, startup log, file creation log, registry modification logs, and so forth. I tested it against 1-2 day-old malware and it blocked about 75-81% of everything, thats a really rough guess as I was just briefly going through each malware url. If your still interested then go to their English website:
    http://www.micropoint.cn/html/

Ok well, now onto Immunet Protect. I wanted a cloud-based AV and tried Panda but it was just too buggy for me, and its aggressive handling of things were troublesome. It kept neutralizing things that were almost all false positives. Plus, it kept messing with my internet. I am now using Micropoint and Immunet for really light protection. THE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IMMUNET: if it finds malware, it automatically quarantines. I also tested it against 1-2 day old malware just like micropoint and it actually blocked things Micropoint missed. The result was about a 90% protection rate of all the malware urls i visited (quite a bit of urls too, perhaps 30).
    However, what was interesting was the two programs that missed some malware actually prevented some from even running..its quite strange as it does not detect it and its still running in my Sandboxie, I think this is the result of the Micropoint Firewall, but honestly not too sure. Immunet uses 20mb of memory for me, so about 30-40MB memory total with both programs.
    If you actually read all the way through, i'll give you the link to Immunet Protect (cloud-based AV):
    www.immunet.com/protect

Note: I'm just trying to provide some options for people.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. Opera

Opera Registered Member

Micropoint is very popular in China.Not only it has firewall and behavior blocker,but its whitelist which collect a number of Chinese software can defend chinese virus(I mean the viruses spread in China) effectively.
    however,it's a business software and a little expensive to we students.So we use Comodo or Threatfire instead.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  3. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Forget the RAM. how about giving us *proper* values about performance, such as CPU usage and CPU time?

Modern machines tend to have enough RAM already :) It's the CPU that counts. If the program sucks up all the processing power ...

4. simisg

simisg Registered Member

i believe that micropoint and regrun reanimator are genius softwares....
    after a test of micropoint proactive ..... this software silently kills any malware
    it has a characteristics of malware database. this software is light and it stops malware like karate man....

5. CookieCrumbler

Well, I don't know anything about that really, but its running with Immunet with absolutely no negative effect on my computer. 0 CPU usage when there in the background.

I agree, its very impressive even in beta stage. However, it did miss some malware, what setting did you use to "silenty kill any malware"? I'm curious, because I want to know how to do this.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  6. simisg

simisg Registered Member

i mean kills any malware and popups a message says what detect and what prevent.....when i say silently i mean without problems....(i must say that i have run most of the times the malicious exes... and then microp kills the malware )
    after that scanning with many antimalware not detect anything in my system
    the only antimalwares i have see doing that so far is threatfire mamutu and micropoint.....and prevx

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  7. CookieCrumbler

Ahh, I see. Well I'm finding that some malware is still in my process list and micropoint gives no warning about the malware. Perhaps this is because I have it set to 'Process after inquiring', instead of 'Process Automatically'? Also, I'm using Rule (V) Firewall.

8. simisg

simisg Registered Member

try the button detect.... and also restart the machine can you say what type of malware are that?

9. simisg

simisg Registered Member

i must also say that all these antimalwares not cleaning traces.... you need traditional antivirus for that :)

10. simisg

simisg Registered Member

I believe micropoint proactive is superb a real proactive software..... but the vendor need faster site and better promotion to the world maybe a free edition and promotion from softpedia and cnet. It is worth to make this software very popular it is strongest than many adveritized big antivirus companys!!
    And remenber is the security software of the olympic games 2008 !!

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

how is it compare to mbam?

12. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

mbam isnt a behavior blocker...

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

opppss:)

14. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Installed Micropoint and Immunet, They have been running very well together for the last 24 hrs.No Pc slow downs. I think Micropoint is a company to watch.:thumb:
    Badcompany.

15. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hmm, I agree about the Ram, but with my low range dual core (E5200) and relatively fast harddisk (Spinpoint F3)

** CPU % spikes count more than CPU total time
    ** Number of disk I/O and bytes read/written is more important that CPU spikes

16. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi CC,
    Micropoint running very well,what I don't understand is that there is no av scan. Do you know why this is.Passes all tests from Shields Up and Pc Flank.
    Badcompany.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.