mFatOS - A fat Ubuntu

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I've written a review of mFatOS, a heavily remastered Ubuntu fork loaded with lots of extra programs, plugins and even offline graphics card installer, intended to make the operating system usable without Internet connection; topics include live session, installation, post-install, problems with the dock, visual inconsistencies, other bugs, glitches and issues like GRUB menu and hardcoded repositories, choice of programs, Flash, MP3, Windows video, Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing, desktop effects, performance, stability, memory usage, suspend & resume, and more. Do take a look. Now!

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/mfatos.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Your reviews are always to the point with entertainment thrown in. Apologies, but what does the OCD abbreviation stand for ? o_O

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Obsessive compulsive disorder, y'know, what most geeks have.
    A need to have things all tidy and lined up. Being anal, so to speak.
    Mrk

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Yes, thank you, of course. I think I have OCD, without being geeky in the realm of computer stuff. My study has been remarked on as being ueber organised and tidy. :argh:
    BTW. AWN works totally glitch free here. Maybe they have fiddled with the code ?

PS. Maybe it's because I don't have the notification area residing in AWN, but description of launchers and all the other problems mentioned in the review
    have not manifested themselves here with 10.04 nor with the latest AWN from ppa that I have on 9.10. Strange..

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  5. subset

subset Registered Member

I also use AWN with Linux Mint 9 and it works as long as I stay away from a few Applets, like the Stacks Applet, which crashes all the time.
    But I don't have incorrect icon descriptions or other problems.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.