messenger plus 3 installation

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by mgr328, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgr328

mgr328 Guest

Hey everyone. I have downloaded messenger plus 3 and when i try to install it this small white rectangle comes up on the middle of the screen and nothing happens. I was also reding the stuff about messenger plus and people were saying that it had some spyware in it. Please i need help.
    Thanks if anyone reads this and figures out what it is.

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

For goodness sake, UNINSTALL messenger plus!!! Don't you know it contains a malicious spyware called: C2 lop media.

To anybody who is still using messenger plus, uninstall it and get rid of any traces of it from your computer. If you don't want to be infected by spyware, get rid of messenger plus. The developer of messenger plus, patchou, is notoriously known for supporting a spyware company called: C2 media.

DESTROY MESSENGER PLUS!!! :mad:

3. dread

dread Registered Member

It only installs that stuff if you dont tell it during the install not to install sponsor support as explained and talked about alot here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=30511. mgr328 it only installs that stuff if you tell it to install sponser support, look at every single screen when you install it. Choose NO when it ask if you want to install sponsor support. As far as that white rectangle I dont know bad download maybe where did you download it from? Here is their forum http://msgplus.mybboard.com/ if you want to look or ask anything.

4. jtw

jtw Guest

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Can you not remove the spyware and adware after the installation using adware and spybot?

Jimbob

6. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

apparently, it keeps coming back.
    possible solution: use older version.

7. Jimbob1989

I should think if this is the case you can block the problem from coming back. Maybe with something like adwatch.

Jimbob

8. no13

I use Yahoo messenger. MSN is only for first meetings. MSN mess is unstable. It keeps downloading ads.
    Better use a unified messenger like trillian (but i don't think they're programmed for file transfers or voice convo.s)

9. Jimbob1989

No good for me, I use both of the features mentioned above :(

10. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

11. dread

dread Registered Member

12. nadirah

Pah, messenger plus again... that darn pos.

13. no13

Maybe someone should email Javavcool... you know, about analyzing and blocking MSN mess. adware (see the slightly older thread mentioned above - It may not help at all toblock/remove spyware from MessPlus)

14. Devilin

Devilin Registered Member

15. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

It sure is David :D
    Just today alone.. keep your eye on these..

http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?showtopic=20808

http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?showtopic=21030

Could show you hundreds more before you did the page..and some of those PC's got so whacked with the whole stable of CWS that best to just reformat/reinstall.

16. Devilin

Devilin Registered Member

17. Jimbob1989

So... the moral of the story is... DON'T INSTALL MSN PLUS.

Jimbob

18. Deathspoon

Deathspoon Guest

THE @$#& PROGRAM DOES HAVE SPYWARE I JUST INSTALLD IT I HAD A SEARCHBAR MORE PROGS ON MY DESKTOP AND MY HOMEPAGE CHANGED GO SUE PATCHOU IM NOT LETTING HIM KNOW WHAT IM DOING HE IS PERVERT

19. Jimbob1989

I think that was determined a while ago :D

Jimbob

20. dread

dread Registered Member

Read them pages I posted if you to find out exactly what it installs. Dont install sponser support. If you dont install sponser it will not install anything but messenger plus. If you have anything and didnt install sponser you got it from somewhere else. Go read thel links and the messenger forums dont know how clear it has to be. I have used if for years and I never install sponser support and never got anything execpt for once cuase I forgot and overlook that sponser support screen. But was easy to uninstall and fix.

21. nadirah

I've got no comments on this, because I'm really sick and tired of hearing about messenger plus, it's just a damn piece of spyware.

22. Jimbob1989

Plus, you would have thought the person might have read up on the piece of software first.

Jimbob

23. no13

Oh God...
    get the older verison that has no or old, easy to remove spyware components.
    Enjoy.... the only features really neede are msg archives and boss control... available in SOOO many older versions.
    END.

24. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

whats wrong with u ppl??..msn plus has no spyware unless u install it? ive used it for 9months now with no problems geez !! DO NOT INSTALL SPONSOER PROGRAMo_Oo_O?? :rolleyes:

25. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Ive used it for 9months all ok? giant picks it up but i ignore it adaware duznt nor spybot s$d...just dont install the sponsor program the reason u got things all on ur desktop and hijacked is cuz u installed the sponsor thingoo_O :'( :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.