messenger 6.2 > no audio no files

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by qwer, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwer

qwer Registered Member

Hi !

I had before norton internet security and never a problem exenching files or having audio/video conversatio

I have now a trial version of loonstop + kaspersky

and I get no audio and cannot exange a file , on the first run of messenger I have given the authorisation

what is the solution for it ?

thank you

2. jgama

jgama Registered Member

I wasted my money in NIS 2004 plus many hours of despair and I will never recommend any of their products, ever again. But that's another story.
    You need to check the log and see which ports are being blocked, you can create rules directly from the log, it's very intuitive. If you can't get it to work you can post a portion of the captured log and I can check it out - but replace the IP addresses with something else or just delete it, to avoid exposing your IP adress to everybody (if static).

Peace,
    JG

3. qwer

qwer Registered Member

i Have inported 2 rules from looknstop website for msn messenger .. for audio and for files

but you said >> replace the IP addresses with something else or just delete it

how can I do that !!! ??

thank you

4. jgama

jgama Registered Member

What I meant was that, if you capture any packet or if you export rules and want to post them in this forum you should open the files with notepead and delete your IP address if it is static.
    Did those rules worked? If not, what happened? What is in the logs?

Peace

JG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.