Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by ZZZ, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZZZ

ZZZ Registered Member

After I uninstalled Returnil 2008 and insatlled 2010 Free (unregistered), I've gotten flood of messages with the topic title. Could someone tell me what is the meaning of this?

[Edit]
    After going back and force from/to the settings, I noticed that it's related to Virus Guard>Additional protection options while using System Safe "Trust programs from real disk only" option. Returnil has been warning that OS is trying to execute the executable files which are not on real i.e. protected partition. The reason why it took me time before I understood the message is that it even stops dll files such as system.dll and registry.dll in temp folders.

Now I am bit worried...the new feature may prevent some malicious apps from being executed but is that good enough to allow dlls which are important for OS to run? It seems it is preventing every single executable from being run without any judgment.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi ZZZ and welcome to the forums :)

Are the programs installed on the System Partition or on an alternate drive?

Mike

3. ZZZ

ZZZ Registered Member

Thank you, Coldmoon. They are all in the system partition...specifically speaking, "\DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\USERNAME\LOCALS˜1\TEMP\NSZ3.TMP\REGISTRY.DLL," for example.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Are the alerts only for NSZ3.TMP\REGISTRY.DLL or are there others?

5. ZZZ

ZZZ Registered Member

They are actually quite a lot...
    \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\USERNAME\LOCALS˜1\ TEMP\NSRC.TMP\NEWSADVSPLASH.DLL
    \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\USERNAME\LOCALS˜1\ TEMP\NSRC.TMP\REGISTRY.DLL
    \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\USERNAME\LOCALS˜1\ TEMP\NSRC.TMP\FINDPROTOCOL.DLL
    \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\USERNAME\LOCALS˜1\ TEMP\NSRC.TMP\SYSTEM.DLL

\DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\USERNAME\LOCALS˜1\ TEMP\NSM6.TMP\SYSTEM.DLL

I cannot write down all of them but with a carful look, they seem to be related with portable apps applications such as portable Firefox, Open Office ans 7-Zip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.