Merge problems in Acronis Disk Director Suite 10

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by markoid63, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markoid63

markoid63 Registered Member

Any help would be great. I was dual booting XP and Vista, and decided to delete Vista. I cleared the partition, merged the partition with a 2nd partition I had with Music etc on it. Then I took some space from that 2nd partition and put it into my main OS partition. Trouble is I've lost all my music on the second partition. What on earth has happened, and how can I get it back? Really desperate for some help. Thanks.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

markoid63:

Why don't you try running the "Recovery Expert" to see if it can reconstruct your Music partition.

3. markoid63

markoid63 Registered Member

Hi..
    I have tried that but it says it can't find unallocated space.
    Thanks for replying

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

markoid63:

Sorry to hear that. So that means that the partition is correctly represented in the partition table, but it must contain some corruption; perhaps chkdsk can fix it.

Before doing this, if you have a copy of Acronis True Image, then make a backup of the partition that has your lost Music files.

Then run chkdsk /r on the partition to see if it can fix up any problems or errors in the file system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.