Memory Usage

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by hannaxbear, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannaxbear

hannaxbear Registered Member

I just wanted to make sure that the memory usage of my ESET Smart Security v. 3.0.669.0 is normal because it seems a bit high. On my Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, ekrn.exe takes up around 40MB and egui.exe uses 7MB.

Thanks for any responses.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's normal, just the signature database itself takes about 20 MB.

3. hannaxbear

hannaxbear Registered Member

Hmm, how disappointing. I expected it to be lower for a program that is known to be very light on resources.. I was using AVG previously and it seemed to take less resources. However, AVG was extremely slow with scanning my computer--I have yet to run a scan with this program, so perhaps that will change my perspective.

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

ekrn is using 22,984kb here, egui adds another 2,892kb, that's a total of about 26,000kb, not very much at all, especially considering the database takes around 20 MB as Marcos said

5. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

That's so low! Currently, ekrn.exe on Windows XP is consuming about 45 MB of memory and egui.exe is taking up around 6 MB of memory on EAV v3.0.684.0 for a grand total of just over 51MB. (no scans running in the background or anything)

I notice that my Vista machine on 3.0.669.0 uses less. I'm not sure if this is because it's Vista, or because it's an older build, or maybe both. Speaking of older builds, weren't older builds (like my 3.0.669.0) supposed to be automatically updated to 3.0.684.0 a while ago?

What OS / version are you using?

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.