Memory leak

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by G Man, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G Man

G Man Registered Member

When I open a few applications, my computer will sometimes run slower. Then I close some of them to allow the remaining ones to run normally... but it doesn't help, I'm not recovering all the memory from my closed applications and so my computer continues to run slow.

I have to restart the computer to get it rolling at normal speed again.

I thought XP had a decent memory manager that would solve this problem that I used to have with 98, but it's still a problem.

I've tried some "memory savers" like RAM Idle, but it doesn't change anything that I can see.

Anyone know any programs that do effectively manage memory, or anything else I could do to help the problem another way?

2. thevisitor

thevisitor Guest

Here's a good little FREE program that works with XP helps to free up RAM and more. It's called Wintercooler. There is a free version & pro version that costs $ . You can check it out here if interested. I've used it & like it. Hope this helps. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=627

3. thevisitor

thevisitor Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.