Mele20: question on "text" thread format [split]

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Re: Agent.ac removal problem

This is OT but why does your second link display the thread so differently? In fact this entire site is displayed differently and with the colors of my Firefox theme instead of the blue here that I don't like.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2004
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The second link is an archived thread.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Nah...that can't be it. "Over From SWI" is thread number 96 in the NOD32 version 2 forum. It is too new to be archived. I guess what I am seeing is a text view. I can't reply but I can switch back and forth from the regular view to this "text" view which is much nicer for reading. The colors are soft pink on a greyish light green background instead of the harsh blues I usually see and the display is better for reading. What I don't understand is how your link which is not old, got me into this view....but then I'm using Firefox 0.9 and it shown me some oddities here before

I wonder how I would get to this view without going through your link? I would like to use this view for reading as I can read twice as fast in this view and my eyes don't get tired. Then I could switch to the regular view for posting.

(I'm sorry for this being long and OT. When I made the first OT comment, it was very brief and I thought that was it).

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you will place your cursor (pointer) over the link and read what it says at the bottom of the Firefox browser, you will see that it is an archived thread.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The archive view of the forum is a quick way into the plain text of the forum's threads:

Archive Based Index

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Ronjor, I seldom look at the status bar, but yes now I see it is archived.

LWM, thanks for the link to the plain text version. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.