Melbourne Formula One Grand Prix

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Icewind, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icewind

Icewind Registered Member

Albert Park racing brought a colourful day all around as Giancarlo Fisichella (Renault) finished the Melbourne Australian Formula One Grand Prix first, followed by Reubens Barrichello (Ferrari) and Fernando Alonso (Renault), finished third.

It was a great result for Mark Webber for the new team of BMW Williams with a satisfactory finish of fifth overall. ;) It was a disappointing result for the World Champion Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher who did not finish in the Ferrari F1 after being hit on a curve and spinning out. :(

This makes it a one-three finish for Renault who are 16 points clear on top of the driver teams table. :eek:

It was a great result all round for the debutants, such as Indian's Karthikeyan, a debut driver for Jordan's new racing team. :)

Also, a new team has been announced; the new Red Bull Racing team, replacing Jaguar racing. :eek:

This is just some news come through on the Melbourne Grand Prix in Australia.

Davo. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  2. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey Iceguy,

Zipped by this thread a couple of times before I realised that "Australian Formula One" was not an alcoholic beverage served @ Big Buck's and Blackspear's local Pub.

It's refreshing to see an Italian driver in a French auto win an Australian race. Boy......talk about a mixed marriage!

Drive on, big ed

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Its was a sad day...

I mean, come on, finally a Dutch talent in the Formula One... breakdown due to gear problems (first and second busted)!

4. Icewind

Icewind Registered Member

Well, there is actually an alcoholic beverage which sponsors the Australian F1 and that's Fosters.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  5. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Yes, and while their billboards are at almost every corner of the circuit, it's astonishing somebody ever finished at all !!! ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.