Media Player 10 is out of beta and available to all XP users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by the mul, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  2. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Sorry mul, the Link doesn't work....well, not for me anyway.... :D

Cochise, :cool:

3. the mul

Sorry about that, the link is now fixed and u can now download media player 10.

THE MUL

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Very nice too!

5. the mul

I was just wondering ronjor, what is media player 10 like and is it worth downloading this newer version, I already use media player 9 at the moment.
    Any info would be appreciated.

Your friend

THE MUL :D

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Mul,

It creats a restore point when you install. I'm keeping it. Give it a go.
    I'm very particular, trust me. :D

Attached Files:

7. the mul

Many thanks ronjor, I will give It a go tommorrow as I have to go to work, [what a pain].
    I always set a restore point for any new install just incase and like yourself, I am very careful with what I install on my system.
    I take It that u have found It to be working ok with your system, If u are keeping It.

Your friend

THE MUL ;)

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It will create the point for you. It is fun!

9. the mul

Thanks again for your help, what I should have said was, I create restore points for all programmes, but do not need to with media player 10 as u said in your previous post, it creates a restore point for u.
    I did not mean I was going to create a restore point for media player 10 as It already creates It for u.
    Sorry for the confusion and speak to u soon.

Your friend

10. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Ron - Did u do a clean instal or over-write the previous version?

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Installed over old version. I think Windows is learning how to clean up after itself after twenty years. :D

12. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

From PC World:

Windows Media Player Turns 10
    The MSN Music Store and many of its rivals will be accessible directly from the newly launched Windows Media Player 10.
    Windows Media Player 10 certainly won't dominate the digital world. But Microsoft has incorporated enough new, user-friendly features to give competing music players a run for the money.

The free media player completely overhauls version 9, offering a simple, clutter-free interface that reflects the influence of massive consumer and focus-group testing.

The new player's features are quickly accessible from easy-to-read toolbar drop-down menus. The menus are turned off by default at first, resulting in a streamlined look. Users can turn the menus on with a right mouse click.

Organizing user libraries of purchased music and video, CD-ripped music, and recorded TV is much like using Windows Explorer, but even easier. Users can search by title, artist, album, or their own star rating. Playlists can be created quickly by dragging and dropping titles into playlists that appear as folders.

Users can copy CDs into WMA or MP3 formats and then drag and drop them into a portable device or burn them to a CD. WMP 10 recognizes a wide array of portable devices (it integrates the necessary drivers for many of them) and promises seamless syncing.

The player recognizes and works with numerous online music and video stores, including Napster and MSN Music. Downloads from these and other stores are automatically stored and organized in the user's library.

The software incorporates Microsoft's new Windows Digital Rights Management, also known as Janus. Previously, if you belonged to a subscription-based music service, you could access your music collection only while at your PC, says Erin Cullen, lead product manager with Microsoft's DMD division. With Janus, you'll be able to transfer that content to your Portable Media Center or to another handheld device such as your MP3 player. When your subscription expires, the DRM technology will automatically make the content unavailable.

Napster will be the first music service to use Janus, which will roll out first in Portable Media Center devices, Cullen says. But expect to see the DRM scheme extended to existing handhelds as well as to upcoming devices, she adds.

Under WMP 10, synchronizing with portable devices and mass storage devices such as USB memory keys is as seamless as moving a file from one place to another. The player provides high-quality sound and video, too: It can support video resolutions as high as 1920 by 1080. On the audio side, WMP 10 supports 7.1-channel sound.

Microsoft promises more digital entertainment-related announcements in coming months.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,117653,00.asp

A good looking media player, ronjor, thanks for the pic!

John
    Luv2BSecure

13. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:cool: lol new toy new toy new toy thank you agent smith

must root for bad guy lol

14. Brent

Brent Registered Member

eh its alright

I was really hoping they would have a winamp syle feautre that allowed you to dock the player at the top and have it run all the way across the screen...... with it always staying on top. Transparency would be nice as well.

I'll stick with winamp for playing music and windows media for video

15. the mul

I would just like to thank u all for all the good info,I am just going to download It and give It a go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.