Media Full error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brobesky, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobesky

brobesky Guest

I just installed the Trial version of True Image. I was able to create a Boot CD, but when I attempted a backup, I got a "media full" error which stated that this could be caused by poor media.

I am running Windows XP sp2. My burner is a Sony DVD/CD 530u attached to a USB 2 port (I also tried a USB 1 port with the same result). My media is TDK DVD-R.

Any solution, or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. brobesky

brobesky Guest

No answer?

Is this because the answer should be obvious, or because there is obviously no answer?

3. brobesky

brobesky Guest

Well, this is not encouraging. No response; no answer. It certainly makes me want to rush right out and buy this software. NOT!

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Manual states that it does not support writing directly to DVD.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  5. ?Redeye

?Redeye Guest

How can I use Acronis True Image 8.0 to write the images directly to DVD disks?

Acronis True Image 8.0 is capable of writing to a DVD disk in Windows if UDF packet DVD-writing software is installed, and the DVD disk is formatted. We currently support the following packet DVD-writing software:

* Roxio Drag To Disc — an optional part of Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator
    * Ahead InCD — is available for free on the Nero site for Ahead Nero users (and usually is shipped with Nero)
    * Veritas DLA and all its OEM versions (e.g. HP DLA)
    * Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD

In general we also support other UDF packet DVD-writing software, but the three above are most popular and they have been tested and approved by Acronis.

To make the DVD disk writeable in Acronis True Image, the user should do the following:

1. Install UDF packet DVD-writing software.
    2. Format the DVD disks. DVD+RW and DVD-RW disks can be formatted by any of the applications mentioned above, while DVD+R at this moment can be formatted only by Roxio Drag To Disc.
    3. Next, start Acronis True Image 8.0, insert the formatted DVD disk into the DVD+RW or DVD-RW drive and create an image.
    4. The images from the DVD disk can be restored both in Windows and when Acronis True Image 8.0 is started from bootable disks.

There is also a two-step method for writing to DVDs. Acronis True Image 8.0 can create an image of the hard disk as a single file on the hard disk itself, and then you can copy the file using your own DVD-writing software to the DVD. We recommend you to set the image archive splitting size to 2 GBytes on the Image Archive Splitting screen, as generally the maximum size of a file stored on DVD is 2 GBytes. The Acronis rescue disk will also be able to restore this file from the DVD if necessary.

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Writing to DVD through packet writing software could only be called "direct" by the use of a creative imagination. It's obviously by definition not direct since it uses third party software. Most users find it to be problematic at best, unusable at worst. Ask wdormann!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.