MCShield 3.0.5.28 problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Uitlander, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Uitlander

Uitlander Registered Member

I installed MCShield about four months ago, but it seems something went south, because every time I start the PC this popup appears:
    "mcshield scanner has encountered a problem and needs to close", and below it reads:
    "for more information about this error click here". When I click, I see a large error report that it appears to be sending somewhere, but that does not seem to be doing any good, since this has been happening since I installed it. This popup also appears after the PC has been on, if I insert a flash drive. At this point I have no idea if MCShield is even working. Any ideas how to fix it on XP Pro?

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Try uninstalling it, rebooting if required and then installing it again.

3. Uitlander

As suggested, I used IObit uninstaller to uninstall, and after, hit 'restart' on PC, then went to MCShield homesite, and installed again. No change. Popup still appeared when I inserted flash drive.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

5. Callender

Callender Registered Member

Just a shot in the dark. I've seen the same error message using a different program and noticed that the problem was resolved after clearing and resetting notification area icons cache (to include past icons). Might as well rebuild icon cache at the same time.

Uninstall MC Shield and reboot. Then clear those caches. Needs another reboot. Then try installing MC Shield.

Unfortunately I know nothing about clearing those caches on XP. Maybe somebody else knows?

6. Uitlander

Already did that prior to posting. Will give it a couple more days, and ask again.

7. ronald739

ronald739 Registered Member

8. Uitlander

Well I just tried it, and this time noted down some of what the popup said;
    Mod Name: kernel32.dll
    Exception Information
    Code: 0x0eedfade
    Flags: 0x00000001
    Record: 0x0000000000000
    Address: 0x0000000007c812fd3
    The following files will be included in the error report:
    C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\ea12_appcompat.txt
    Another weird thing is that while the popup says "mcshield scanner has encountered a problem and needs to close", when I close the popup and click on the icon, it says"MCShieldTM is already running".
    As for your suggestion, that is all outside my skill level, but I'll show it to my tech guy when he comes by for the monthly housecall. If he cannot fix it, I'll just ditch it for BitDefender USB Immunizer (my second choice!).

9. Uitlander

10. ronald739

ronald739 Registered Member

Same here and noticed this with Google. Maybe try a different browser (noticed you are using XP Pro) or a different system. I have notice the translator for Edge works alright which will not be available on XP.

I did get a reply about 3.5 years ago, but do not if you will now.

https://www.mycity.rs/MyCity-Laboratorija/MCShield-v3_6.html#p1695256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.