McAfee VS Enterprise slowed down my connection...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sabbath, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

I was using nod32, but I decided to try McAfee virusscan enterprise 8.0i + McAfee Antispyware enterprise...
    My internet conection slowed down, is this normal? If Not, how can I fix this?

ADSL 256kbps
    Outpost PRO 2.7

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used both apps and have not had a slow down with either one.

bigc

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Have you uninstalled NOD or simply disabled it? If the latter, have you disabled IMON and AMON?
    Not normal behaviour on my laptop. It is unlikely to be a conflict with your firewall as they appear to be compatible.

Some suggestions;

1. Make sure NOD is completely uninstalled.

2. Install McAfee and apply Patch 10.

3. Disable Buffer Overflow Protection.

4. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

I`ve uninstalled NOD32 2.5...

Why disable buffer overflow protection? It´s not important for a home user? Does it takes a lot of system resourse?

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

As a Home user on a standalone computer, with a properly setup commercial firewall in place and hopefully a fully patched OS and browser, your chances of being hit by a BO attack are slim compared to those who run servers.

In this respect don't forget that this AV is used primarily in a corporate/server environment as opposed to the Home.

I only suggested disabling BO protection as this has been known to cause conflicts in the past with other software.

6. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

It´s just a mistery...sometimes my connection is OK, sometimes is slow...but when I was with NOD32, my conection aways was oK...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.