McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Edition 8.0i released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iwod, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Wow...... another Mcafee News

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Edition 8.0i released Aug 25th

Source: MSFN

More information

2. 8.0i

8.0i Guest

Final build is 8.0.0.912, great AV.

3. shoe

shoe Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  4. Bob

Bob Registered Member

Where do you get it as home user?
    I even tested it as a home user.

5. shoe

shoe Registered Member

I have a grant#

6. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

I also am interested in buying & downloading VSE 8.0i online for home use, and have posted in the McAfee Support Forums about this. I'm thinking that McAfee keep the question of VSE home use pretty quiet for marketing reasons - they have never responded to an e-mail from me enquiring about where I could buy VSE 7 for home use. If anyone has the inside track on this (i.e. legit purchase of bona fide VSE 8.0i), then please PM me, but I won't follow-up on any corner-cutting - no offence :)

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Unless McAfee have changed their policy with this new version, you cannot obtain a single-user license for Home use.

This is their corporate/network AV and has none of the bloat of the Home retail product; http://www.mcafeesecurity.com/us/audience/enterprise_home.asp.

However, if your company uses the Enterprise edition, you can then use it on your home machine as part of the site license.

8. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I don't know....... But at my Uni they use Symantec, My Department uses McAfee Enterprise.... So i get the best of both world :D

But i haven't try it yet. Anyone know its resource usage? And if it is complusory to install its firewall?

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Without firewall and email scanner installed it takes up about 27mB memory but it seems to run very light.

At work I have seen it run on a variety of boxes from Pentium II's to 4's with no slowdown whatsoever.

The install is very slick and you can deselect the firewall.

10. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

McAfee sells VSE to corporate users only. In fact, since VSE won't be sold seperately, probably only corporate users can afford the cost.

"The new product will be sold only as part of various McAfee software suites, which feature a variety of enterprise security tools, according to the Santa Clara, Calif.-based company."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.