McAfee VirusScan 11 "mcsysmon.exe" lockups

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Johnner, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnner

Johnner Registered Member

Can anyone provide any updates to this problem being resolved with the new McAfee VirusScan Plus v11 product?

"mcsysmon.exe" locks up at near 100% CPU usage when trying to apply SpywareBlaster updates and enable protection.

The same is true for the Spybot immunize function, which seems to work hand-in-hand with the SpywareBlaster product.

McAfee is aware of both problems but no fix other than disabling protection in SpywareBlaster and Immunize in Spybot. Talk about the big company pissing on the little guys.

It's a small pain, but I choose just to end task on "mcsysmon.exe" and that allows you to enable protection and re-immunize.

Thanks,
    Johnner

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Johnner....Welcome to Wilders,

As for your McAfee issue as it relates to Spywareblaster....there is nothing on Spywareblasters end that will cause this conflict to go away. You will have to either continue ending the "mcsysmon.exe" task or find out which McAfee protection is monitoring the pertinent Internet Explorer registry keys that Spywareblaster and even Spybot Immunization is attempting to add....which is usually associated with Internet Explorer Restricted Site entries being added.

Not that this helps much....but users of Webroots Spysweeper have to end certain processes or protection features in it's program before Spywareblaster and\or Spybot will function properly as noted in this Spywareblaster Forum sticky.

The solution has to come from McAfee and it's program.

Bubba

3. Johnner

Johnner Registered Member

Thanks Bubba, I figured it was a problem that needs to be fixed with McAfee, although I doubt a fix is forthcoming.

I will dig into this a bit further, in the meantime if anyone has any other solutions other than ending the task on the mcsysmon process, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Johnner

4. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

As I've reported HERE
    McAfee are aware of it but seemingly are unwilling so far to do anything about it, probably because it's a minor annoyance compared with other issues the new products have. As a McAfee Help moderator I'm pushing the issue as hard as I can.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  5. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  6. Unhappy

Unhappy Registered Member

You can do what I'm doing and convert all your machines over to Norton.

I'm so peved at Mcafee right now I could spit nails. They forced the conversion of all my machines, and lost my IP ban list, all my incoming logs, locked up my computers for days with this trash they call an improvment , and gave me an incoming IP log window the size of a fXXXing postage stamp.

Their free internet chat help are a bunch of people pasting in pre-written paragraphs (probably because they don't speak english) and they almost allways try to tell you you need to reinstall the software... like its the magic fix for everything...They don't seem to give a FXXX What they screw up or that you will loose tons of hard fought for data in your firewall logs at all. In fact they flat out lied to me about the new upgrade saving the firewall settings and logs.

Ever since they took on AOL and Comcast their service has been utter garbage. They took a perfectly good peice of software and turned it into garbage just to try to apease a bunch of noobs on AOL. Completly ignoreing the fact that if it wasn't for its long time customers like me they would never have had a buissness in the first place.

This mcsysmon.exe lockup if just the iceing on the cake. 99% cpu usage :rolleyes: What the hell were they thinking?? Did they think we would disable spybot and force us to use Mcaffee spyware software??

I'm not going to dump a kick a$$ piece of software like SpyBot Search and Destroy or Adaware SE just to run their malfunctioning software. If they think that,.. they're going to loose an awfull lot of customers. Dump a sucessfull and well running piece of software for one that can't even function alongside of other security software?? errr NOT.

Just dump them and move on leave them to the noobs there bowing down to.

Seriously...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.