McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise v.8.5i

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Perman, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks; I am currently using Avast Home 4.7, and am very pleased with it. A friend of mine offered me to use McAfee VSE(his corporate volume lic) the other day. He says McAfee covers more grounds and has more inside features which most personal version of AVs are lacking of. I checked McAfee's web site and found out he was telling me the truth. I am happy with Avast home, but would like to have those extra features that McAfee can offer. Before I get my feet wet on McAfee VSE, can someone share your experiences? Even few words of cautions/encouragements ? Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Avast is free so you can always get this free McAfee , try it yourself and if you are happy , stay with it . Otherwise , you can very easily get back to Avast .

3. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Hi - Its always good to think twice before changing an av if it still works well for U :) Im running McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise v.8.5i at this moment. It supprised me when looking at earlier versions. It works very well, have caught everything I have been throwing at it so far, runs very light, very configurable and has a fast scanner IMO. :thumb:

4. Diver

Diver Registered Member

VSE 8.5i will not uninstall properly from XP or Server 2003. Several services are left running, lots of files and hundreds of registry entries. Not as bad on Vista. The interface is somewhat complex and many default settings are not appropriate. It has not received high marks for detection in a variety of tests.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I am thinking to install McAfeeVSE 8.5i, can you help me to configure the rule setting properly. My O/S is winxp home sp2. I have the link to McAfee Uninstaller, therefore uninstalling the app is not a problem. Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

7. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

I say this in every VSE 8.5i thread : Don't use "program add-remove" to uninstall VSE, use VSE's own setup file instead.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Thanks for your replies. I have installed McAfee VSE 8.5i couple hours ago and so far so good; very smooth sailing, amazing indeed. It has since stopped few scripts already. Rule configurations are explained in layman's terms, easy to understand, it also comes with antispyware portion. It may cost a lot if I have to purchase it. IMO, there is a lot differences between enterprise and personal versions. I will visit the forum(thanks, Hi tech boy), and remember to use its set up file, should I need to uninstall it(thanks, mrhero) and others for your kind words. Wish me luck. Thanks.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Good luck ! :thumb: :D :thumb:

10. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Good advice. Add-remove works under Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.