Mcafee update DAT version??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Paradutch, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradutch

Paradutch Registered Member

Hi

today i downloaded the mcafee Virusscan from the site that was given earlier here on this board (netwest...something) by a poster......thanks for that:)
    I signed up...downloaded it and installed it...no probs. I didn't choose it's firewall as i am very content with free kerio 2.1.5:)

However something funny i did noticed...as i was ready with updating after installing it my DATversion was: 5120.000

however on this site:

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?act=calendar&cal_id=1&code=showevent&event_id=43179

it told me they allready had another (newer) Dat version....

HUH??

AM I something missing here?? my Machine is Windows XP with SP2 and latest updates. As a FW I use kerio 2.1.5 free version.

I tried several times to update manualy but the program just said that there were no newer updates availeble.
    I don't understand this policy. I mean normaly after a fresh install you would think you have the latest antivirus sigs (DAT)....apperently NOT so with Mcafee.

Anyoneo_O?

TIA

Para.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

this is never the case, with any AV, updates need to be downloaded after installation.

dont trust any websites with info, just use the updater located in mcafee till it tells you there are no more updates available. :)

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

here is the updates from today 09/17/07 Edit. it just updated again

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  4. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

Hi,

Also don't be surprised if sometimes Mcafee informs You that You have the latest updates bu that's actually is not correct. On this link You can check what is the latest DAT published. Just try updating Your Virusscan a little bit later.

The link is http://vil.nai.com/vil/DATReadme.aspx

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

according to your link I do have the latest (5121) I have been useing McAfee off and on for close to twenty years and they have always updated pretty well..

6. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

My Comcast McAfee shows I have 5121.

7. Paradutch

Paradutch Registered Member

Thanks guys,....it updated 3 hours ago.,...:)

all is OK now...

Para

8. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

Hi,

Actually it updates very well just sometimes I noticed that it informs me that I have the latest updates and when I go to that link it shows that there is a new update available. Neverthlless, the next time I click on Update Now it updates without any problems.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.