McAfee unknown Remote connection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by T772, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T772

T772 Guest

OrgName: Speedera Networks Inc.
    OrgID: SPEEDE-1
    Address: 4800 Great America Parkway Ste 220
    City: Santa Clara
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 95054
    NetRange: 204.10.28.0 - 204.10.31.255
    CIDR: 204.10.28.0/22
    NetName: SPEEDE-1
    NetHandle: NET-204-10-28-0-1
    Parent: NET-204-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation

Hi there, i have recently appear to be getting McAfee firewall tray connecting to this remote address, and i'm not sure what this has got to do with McAfee firewall plus? Pls if any one has any ideas, it would be really helpful. I know that MCAfee connects to Hackerwatch.org, but i have never seen it connect to this address before!! T

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

See halfway down the page for description of company http://www.akamai.com/en/html/about/press/press499.html

3. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Thanks very much Hammer for such a quick reply, Was a gettin paranoid about this connection!!;)

-->Speedera Networks, Inc. is a leading global provider of distributed application hosting and content delivery services. The company's SpeedSuite family of services provides on-demand services that cost-effectively solve the performance, scalability, availability and security problems of distributed applications and Web sites

Ok, kinda understand how this relates to Mcafee , but still kinda caught me off guard as i have never seen this before, but as long as its safe im not to worried, cheers T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.