McAfee Total Security 2014

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ttomm1946, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttomm1946

ttomm1946 Registered Member

Has anyone have had any experience with this positive or Negative?...Not shown on Vb100...

After the last Malware Dr test which wasn't that great I'm wondering
    Tom

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

If you are interested in it then you could always install a trial of the software to see how it runs on your PC you may not like it at all.

3. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

I have McAfee Internet Security on one of my PCs, and it seems the security is solid. Nothing bad has ever popped up. But there are some confounding things about the product. For one, if there is an update the GUI must be closed. Second, some of the settings you choose don't stick, and you always find yourself resetting. There also seems to be an issue sometimes with changing user accounts. Seems to be some sort of lag. I think the program is complex and has lots of parts, some might refer to this as bloat. But I don't know, overall it seems the protection is excellent. I imagine new owner Intel will fix up a lot of these operational problems, probably do some sort of streamlining.

4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! I like jjc225...found McAfee Internet Security fairly solid...I know the Product is in the right hands under Intel's Ownership. But the app had a peculiar glitch in that when I set up my own Scanning Schedule...it didn't scan at the time I had requested. Protection is Crucial...as mentioned by jjc225...the settings wouldn't stick. That to me is unacceptable. But as mentioned if you can initiate manual scans that will obviously work...but it's much more effective if it can run on time with scheduled scans.After all you've invested your hard earned monies into an app that should live up to it's purported Marketing Claims. But like any Security App take it for the thirty day trial period spin. Sincerely...Securon

5. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

I at least respect their ability to do proper research and genuine efforts to improve their product unlike the glorified bunch of table footballers known as G-Dud, G-Dumb or G-Death.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.