McAfee says up-to-date, but there is a new DAT file?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tom772, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

hey all,

As you guessed it my question is about McAfee and updating it. Every time i check if it is up-to-date, it goes through the same routine of checking and then displaying the sign that tells me all of my components are up-to-date.

But when i go to McAfee downloads i can also find new DAT files that i do not have that have been relesed for a max of 5 days at the most any ideas pls?

It goes with out saying, thanx for any help or replys i get.

T

2. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I'm going to guess and say you have the "Home" version of McAfee right? At the moment, only the Enterprise version can get the daily dat updates. The consumer version only updates every week on Wednesday (minus outbreaks). However, home users should also start to get the daily updates some time this summer.

3. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

You are correct, but when Mcafee checks for updates surely it should be able to detect the daily updates - other anti-virus products can do this !

I guess just one of those annoying Mcafee issues,

Thanx

4. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

McAfee is still updating - i have no idea why pls help?

5. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

The daily updates are still restricted to the Enterprise versions. Will have to wait a bit more unfortunately.

6. tom772

tom772 Guest

I no, but it is annoying!!!:) thanx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.