McAfee or Norton Internet Security Suite

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by polo, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polo

polo Guest

Which one would you recommend (2004 versions), both include a similar suite of programs including AV, Firewall, Privacy Control, Parental Control, etc.

2. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

IMO the difference between them is minimal, take the Suite with the lowest price!;)

Ciao,

Smokey

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have used NIS in the past and have just uninstalled it from 2 computers due to the amount of resources Norton uses. It took me approx 2hrs to completely uninstall NIS! I was helping a friend with McAfee installed on their computer whilst it looked very good I did notice how slow her computer was and she does have problems with the anti spam feature.

I only ever used Norton but have learned a lot more about the layered approach to security now and much prefer to have my security based on a standalone firewall / AV / AT plus may other browser protection and adaware type programs. If one fails hopefully the rest will be intact until I resolve any problem. When I used NIS if a update download was corrupt etc it meant a full uninstall and reinstall of the suite. Just some thing to bear in mind when making a decision.

I know McAfee has had some very good reports but I still prefer the setup I am working with now. I would not deter you from either of these if you prefer an all in one suite as both of them will provide you with the security you need, the price will help you decide.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Well I would have to go with mcafee, I have used their products for a long time and they have always protected my computers very well and they use a lot less resources than norton in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.