Mcafee IS 2007 On Sale..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Atomic_Ed, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Everyone,

I just wanted to let people know that BestBuy http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...storeid=2417254&rapid=0&listingid=-2094292949 is having a $40 instant rebate this week on Mcafee Internet Security 2007. This is the 8 in 1 package. This makes it $29.99 at the register with no mail in rebates needed. Anyhow, just thought some of you who have been asking about the new Mcafee may want to pick this up as it is a pretty good deal IMO. I grabbed one today for my desktop PC and I think it is a pretty decent package, especially for only$29.99.

2. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

Thanks for the note but it (IS 2007 8in1)was a much better deal a couple weeks ago at like $5.99 out the door (no rebates to mail) at Best Buy.. ;) Total Protection was $2.99 also..

3. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Just one guys opinion.

Don't buy it.

I have used McAfee for a long time, and I've been a proponent. The current iteration is not doing well. Maybe it will come around in the future, maybe not.

I think KAV, BD, NOD.... are all better choices.

4. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Wow, thats a good deal but I must have missed that one. I try to keep an eye on the weekly sales for these stores but I can't recall ever seeing it for that price. Well compared to their normal $69.99 price and the mcafee store of $49.99, still seems like a decent buy.

I have heard alot of mixed reviews on this version, but I am not seeing any of the issues in running it on my system. Runs nice overall and I am happy with it. I did look at KIS too and wanted to try it, but it was twice the price of this package.

5. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

I'm running it on one system, I don't have the emproxy problem some have had, but I'll let it mature a little more before installing on my other systems.

I'm on the beta of live onecare 1.5 so I get the free licenses now so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.