Mcafee Antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AnthonyG, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

2. mrgeek

mrgeek Registered Member

I used Mcafee anti-spyware for a few weeks and finally uninstalled it, and went with Giant for real time protection. It was a pain to update (you had to login to Mcafee site, no simple in program updater) and it also installed the useless Mcafee security center. The Anti-Spyware database also seemed somewhat limited. Either Giant or Ad-aware plus Se (paid version, which I am also using) would make a better choice for resident protection.

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thanks for your help. Ill give that one a miss then. Its suprising as they are so good at making antiviruses.

4. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

I have noticed Mcafee trying to control things more and more. Installing there entire security center when you only have one program is very anoying. I view them to be simular to big companies like AOL who also try to control everything. At least Norton's security center only shows what you have and doesn't NAG you. I used to think Mcafee was a good company, but my views of them have went down the drain as did Nortons when they bought there zillionth company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.