Mcafee 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jonnypop, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnypop

jonnypop Registered Member

I was just wondering if there is anyone that uses Mcafee Virusscan 2005 and is happy with it? I purchased a new PC and it came with a 12 month subscription. Their detection seems excellent at av-comparative.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Mcafee is an old company and makes an excellent product. If I was in your place I would use it at least till the license expires ;) I am also running McAfee but a different version.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I can only agree with BigC, you should use McAfee for the remainder of the subscribtion, they have great detection. You can always look around when you are near the end of the sub-periode. :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  4. StU

StU Registered Member

The only thing that I don't like about McAfee is, that the versions for homeusers delete an infected file without asking for permission and you don't have a chance to stop it. :(

But the detection rate is great. :)

5. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

I have had lots of issues with McAfee. For example it showing expired, that has meant ive had to reinstall the entire suite, but McAfee has now sorted that problem.

Big C is right there may be some issues with McAfee but its detection and online support is very good. It has detection rates at a par with Kaspersky. It will and cxan protect your PC better than other security products. If you have brought a licence for a year, its worth sticking with it and learning how to use it.

Hope what i sad helps you ,

Kind reguards

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.