MBR Partition to UEFI GPC SSD

Discussion in 'Paragon Early Adopter Program' started by sb4096, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sb4096

sb4096 Registered Member

I've got a 2-TB drive with a 107 GB partition on it which my computer calls my C: drive. That's the one I boot off of in Win7 64 bit.

I want to get bigger drives; so, I decided to get a UEFI MB (ASUS P8z77-V Deluxe) and, while at it, move my system drive onto a 120 GB SSD drive. I keep not only my system and programs on my 107 GB partition, but all my personal and professional data, some going back to the 80's, continuously moved form system to system. It totals only about 50 GB, and it's not growing very quickly; so, a 120 GB SSD. One small drive for everything but what's on these huge media drives I keep. Sounds like a plan!

I haven't even plugged that SSD in yet. However, I did open "Migrate to UEFI." It looks like it only wants to migrate entire drives. Is this correct? If it is, then this program is useless to me, and maybe someone can direct me to another solution.

I want to migrate that partition, which my system calls my C: drive, though it's only a partition, onto my SSD. It can't be that eccentric an idea, can it? A lot of us were encouraged to get big drives and put the operating system on a small partition of it, actually as a safer solution than just using the large drive as a large boot drive with lots of also-data. Now I want to move that boot partition to an SSD, and I don't want to reinstall my system and programs, because that would take days and days, maybe months later still trying to get it all back to working.

?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.