MBR mess

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dkaleky, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkaleky

dkaleky Registered Member

Whats the deal when I installed V.9.3633 it messed up my MBR?

So I got a non-system disk error?

It happened on 2 pcs. I restored an image I had made w/ TI 8.0 -- but it did not fix the MBR.

I had to download the ISO image to fix it.

Now I will not reinstall 9.0 b/c it seems it will mess up the MBR again.

This is NOT NORMAL.

As a matter of fact I want a refund.

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

This post is one of the most incoherent I believe I have ever read. I can understand why it has had no response as no one can understand it.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Installing TI 9 does nothing to the MBR unless you setup the Automatic Sytem Recovery.

TI 8 images only include the MBR if you have made a whole disk, not just a single partition image. This is my guess what happened.

If you make an image with TI9 Build 3567 or later it will include the MBR in a single partition image. You have to loop back in the wizard (answer yes, to the "Do you want to restore another partion" question) to select the MBR in order to restore it (you can't select the partition and the MBR at the same time in the wizard).

Note that when restoring the MBR, the disk must have the same number of partitions as the disk the MBR came from or it won't boot. The sizes of the partitions can be different though.

4. dkaleky

I will go back and check-- as all I recall is I had the problem after I installed.

True- thats what happened!

BTW- I got a reply from SUPPORT- they say its a known problem they are working on.

:)o some people it was coherent to! )

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dkaleky,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subjects of the letters that you received from Acronis Support Team? We will find out how the investigation of this issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. dkaleky

[Acronis #589086

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.