MBR Error 1

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by micnite, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micnite

micnite Registered Member

Hello, my cpu came partitioned. It had one hard drive that was partitioned into a C and D drive. I wanted more room, so I bought two new drives. I cloned the C drive onto a new drive and it was fine. It boots up (windows xp media center) with no trouble.

I added the second new drive and formatted it with Disk Director Suite. When I rebooted the machine (which it told me I had to at that point) I got an error message:
    MBR Error 1
    Press any key to boot from floppy

I tried using the Windows installation cd to fix the mbr. But it wouldn't take my password. Then I tried to create a disc using the "mbrautowrite_en.iso" as stated in one of the posts I found. I booted form this disk and I pressed any button when propted, but then it gave me another error, stating there was no boot disk.

I'm not sure what else I can try? Any help would be appreciated...thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello micnite,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Cloning and System Transferring Software.

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe, run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Then please boot the computer under consideration from this diskette, wait for report creation process to complete and send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

We will certainly try to find a solution of your problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.